Jobs for parents are family-friendly positions. Flexible or part-time hours to enable you to balance work with childcare responsibilities.
If you are a local business with a vacancy to fill, why not advertise the role on Poole Mumbler? Find what you’re looking for in our demographic of talented and skilled local parents.
Mumbler is a network of 19 hyper-local parenting websites with a strong & engaged social media community. We are looking for a Mumbler Manager based in Poole to take the lead running the Poole Mumbler website & social media community. Poole Mumbler launched in 2019, however has yet to reach its full potential in the local community. Could you be the person to achieve this?
We’re a small tight-knit Mumbler family and we have ambitious growth plans. We are looking for someone very special who wants to grow the business with us. You must passionately care about your local parenting community and want to help make life easier for local & visiting parents. You will probably have experience of blogging or running a Facebook group, but you will definitely be social-media savvy. You should be adaptive, flexible and have a positive “can-do” attitude.
This role is flexible and is based from home. You will report directly to Mumbler founder & MD Sally, however will have the flexibility & autonomy to run the business with minimal interference. You will need to be bold & ambitious and extremely confident to help build Poole Mumbler.
The Role: Working 15 hours per week from home, you will be required to:
• Write seasonal engaging content for the Poole Mumbler website
• Ensure website content and listings are up to date & relevant
• Research what’s-on locally for families
• Review local attractions, businesses & services
• Manage & post regularly on your Mumbler social media channels
• Represent Mumbler as required which may include business networking, contributing content to Mumbler HQ, press trips, PR events etc
• Opportunity to organise local events (parents meet ups, nearly new sales, family fun days & Mumbler Awards)
• Report potential sales leads regularly to the Mumbler HQ sales team
• Engage with & build great relationships with prospective customers on-line and in real-life
• Maintain excellent business relationships with existing customers
• Deliver engaging marketing campaigns on the Mumbler website & social media channels for paying customers.
• Share content ideas based on data analysis & trends with other Mumblers.
• Work 10-12 agreed core hours per week plus 3-5hrs flexibly.
• Friendly & approachable you must genuinely care about your local parenting community & want to make other parents lives easier.
• Highly organised
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated & great at time management
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to collaborate with a team virtually
• Confidence to build relationships & develop sales relationships locally
• Social Media savvy (Facebook, Instagram & Linkedin)
• Experience with either Facebook communities, running a Facebook page or blogging
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office & Teams
Desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
• Marketing experience
• SEO knowledge
• Google Analytics knowledge
• Experience with WordPress
• Experience with Canva
• £11ph basic salary
• Commission structure for sales (optional)
• Flexible hours, working from home
• 6 weeks paid holiday
• Option to work term time only or reduced hours during school holidays (if required)
• Laptop & phone provided
Applications close on Monday 31st January 2022